Hydrocodone-A Narcotic Drug
Hydrocodone is a drug that belongs to the family of drugs opiate (narcotic) analgesics. These drugs work by modifying how the brain and nervous system respond to the pain. Sometimes Hydrocodone is used with other medications as combination products to relieve moderate-to-severe pain Hydrocodone Eu Blue.
Hydrocodone- when is it indicated?
Your doctor may prescribe Hydrocodone in case you have:
- any muscle pain
- back pain, especially lower back
How is this medication available?
You can get Hydrocodone in the form of an extended-release capsule and an extended-release tablet that needs to be taken by mouth. The doctor would prescribe to take the extended-release pill once every 12 hours, whereas the extended-release tablet is prescribed to be taken once per day.
One must take Hydrocodone at around the same time every day to make the most benefit out of it. You should take as directed and prescribed by your doctor. Initially, the doctor would begin the treatment with a low dose and then may gradually increase it and how it is required. To relieve any muscle pain, you can buy Hydrocodone online. It is also available in your local drug stores.
Hydrocodone- Abuse, Misuse and Overdose
A rescue medication called naloxone is prescribed in case of a Hydrocodone overdose. Naloxone reverses the life-threatening and fatal effects of an overdose caused by taking Hydrocodone for longer or in larger than prescribed amounts of dose. Naloxone blocks the effects of opiates and relieves the dangerous symptoms caused due to increased levels of opiates in the blood. Your symptoms of overdose may be seen to return within a few minutes after you receive naloxone. If this happens, you need to have additional doses every 2 to 3 minutes before any medical help arrives.
Symptoms of Hydrocodone overdose may include the following:
- slowed or stopped the heartbeat
- narrowed or widened pupils
- cold, clammy, or blue skin
- slow, shallow, or stopped breathing
- excessive sleepiness
- loss of consciousness
Hydrocodone and its withdrawal
It is not advised to stop taking Hydrocodone Eu Blue suddenly without consulting your doctor. If you abruptly cease its intake after prolonged usage, it may cause several withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, weakness, anxiety, restlessness, teary eyes, stomach cramps, vomiting, runny nose, nausea, irritability, widened eyes pupils, yawning, chills, back or joint pain, muscle pain, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, behavioural change, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, fast breathing or fast-beating heart.
Things to consider while taking Hydrocodone
You should inform your doctor before taking Hydrocodone in the following scenarios:
- It is not advised to take this medicine if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients
- If you are using any herbal products, such as St. John’s wort and tryptophan.
- Taking Hydrocodone may hamper fertility in both men and women.
- It may cause constipation, so you need to be extra cautious with your diet accordingly to avoid constipation.
- It is not recommended to take this medicine in pregnancy as it may have adverse effects on the baby, making it dependent on the drug as well as causing dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
- Hydrocodone is to be avoided by breastfeeding women. It is because the drug may pass into breast milk and cause indications like difficulty breathing or drowsiness in the baby.
- As this drug may cause drowsiness, it is not advised to get involved in activities that require alertness.
Also, let your doctor know if you are suffering from any of the following problems:
- a head injury
- brain tumor
- liver or kidney disease
- lung diseases or any other illness associated with breathing
- mental illness
- low blood pressure
- drug or alcohol addiction
- urination problems
- colon or oesophageal cancer
- problems with organs like gallbladder, pancreas, or thyroid
- long QT syndrome that is a heart rhythm disorder
- an irregular heartbeat that may cause fainting or even sudden death
- any blockage
- narrowing of stomach or intestines or paralytic ileus
What are the possible side effects caused by Hydrocodone?
Like every other drug, after taking Hydrocodone 10 325mg, you may notice some side effects. Sometimes these may be manageable, and in rare cases, these may be severe. Nausea or vomiting, sweating, unusual tiredness, loss of appetite, weakness, dizziness, muscular pain, dry mouth, headache, back pain, difficulty in staying asleep, diarrhea, confusion or nervousness, agitation, difficult, frequent and painful urination, etc. are some commonly noticed side effects after taking Hydrocodone.
You may notice some severe side effects which may require immediate medical help. These may include symptoms like chest pain, hallucinations, lack of coordination, hoarseness, tremors, irregular heartbeat, swelling of eyes, tongue, face, lips, or throat, difficulty breathing or swallowing, itching, or hives.